Admissions to EYFS in September 2024 are for children born on or between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020 and are arranged directly by Bracknell Forest Council (BFC).
Please see Bracknell Forest Council's website for information on School admissions. This has helpful links including:
- Starting primary school in EYFS in September (for BFC residents only)
- BFC's key dates for admission to EYFS in September
- Whitegrove Primary School's Designated Area (PDF opens in new window)
- How to find your designated area or catchment primary school
For full information, please see BFC's School admissions arrangements.
The four stages for EYFS admissions
Please see the timeline below for a guide to dates
Stage 1: Researching primary schools as prospective parents
This first stage is all about research - visiting Primary schools to see if they feel right for you, your family and your personal circumstances (eg dropping off siblings in other schools then getting to work). There is no automatic transfer from nursery to EYFS so parents must apply for primary school, even if their child attends a nursery in a school setting.
We offer face-to-face open mornings during the Autumn Term and into early January. A member of our Senior Leadership Team gives a tour of the school, followed by a Q&A session. See here for dates. Places are limited so must be booked in advance - please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01344 861020.
Stage 2: Applying to Bracknell Forest Council for an EYFS place for next September
Admissions applications for Whitegrove Primary School must be submitted to Bracknell Forest Council, who arrange our new EYFS September intake. Their process usually goes live on 5th November and closes on 15th January. Please refer to BFC's website for information on School admissions.
Once you have submitted your application, you may find the period until National Offer Day (16th April or next working day) a little quiet, given the previous activity of visiting primary schools, making your decision then submitting your application.
Stage 3: Accepting the offer of an EYFS place for September from Bracknell Forest Council
Offers of school places for September will be made to on-time applications on National Offer Day (16th April or next working day). They will be sent either by email (make sure you can access your email) or, if you made a paper application and didn't supply an email address, by post on 16th April to your home address (please allow for a postal delay - School Admissions will not confirm offers by phone).
When you receive your offer, you must accept or refuse the school place by 3rd May. Failure to do so may result in the school place being withdrawn (more details will be included with your offer).
Late applications: Applications received after 15th January will be processed in a second round of admissions (after 3rd May). Be prepared that your preferred school may remain full following the first round of admissions so your offer of a school place may reflect this.
Appeals: The deadline for appeals is 19th May and appeals will be heard during June/July. Appeals lodged after 19th May may not be heard before September.
Stage 4: Joining your new school
Schools will contact their new families later in the Summer term (June/July), once Bracknell Forest Council has processed late applications and appeals and confirmed the final allocation.
At Whitegrove, we will contact our new families to offer visits to our EYFS unit and open mornings to meet staff, children, our PTA and your fellow new Whitegrove EYFS parents. Our aim is to help you to understand our routines, introduce our curriculum, give tips on our uniform for September (top tip: don't buy it too early!) and how you can help your child to adjust over the summer.
In September, we will give you access to the secure portal on our website where you'll be able to view resources and information to help you and your child settle in EYFS.
Welcome to EYFS and welcome to the Whitegrove family!
Timeline for September 2024 EYFS admission
Below is a summary of Bracknell Forest Council's key dates for EYFS applications to Whitegrove - please see BFC's key dates for admission to EYFS in September for full details:
Applying to Bracknell Forest Council for an EYFS place for next September
- 5 November 2023: Online admissions site goes live and parents can apply.
- 15 January 2024: Deadline for applications - the online site closes at midday while paper applications are accepted until 5pm
- 2 February 2024: Deadline for applications for those moving to/within the area and also the last opportunity for current BFC residents who have applied on time and are moving within Bracknell Forest to update their address
Accepting the offer of an EYFS place for September from Bracknell Forest Council
- 16 April 2024: National offer day for on-time applications - parents and carers will be able to log into their Citizens Portal account to view their offer. Offers are emailed (for on-time applications with an email address, whether the application is made online or by paper) or by letter posted to the home address (for on-time paper applications without an email address)
- 3 May 2024: Deadline for acceptance of on-time applications
- From 3 May 2024: Late applications/waiting list offers begin to be processed
- 16 May 2024: Deadline for appeals
Joining your new school
- Summer Term 2024: BFC advises schools of final allocation details
- Schools will contact their new families later in the Summer term (June/July), once Bracknell Forest Council has confirmed the final allocation following late applications and appeals.
Changing school (In-Year Transfer)
Please see Bracknell Forest Council's information on Changing schools - in-year application.